Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mysore


Mysore was….meh. Nothing too special. As I have outlined several times in my blog, I do not like visiting temples, palaces and museums, and Mysore is predominantly known for these very things. So yeah…I never expected too much out of this trip.

A good thing about this trip thought was that the company had sponsored the trip, and all of the interns were there. We arrived on Friday night, and were disappointed to learn that it was just like Bangalore…everything shuts down at approximately 11 pm. We walked around looking for places that was open and well, had fun just talking and joking around along the way.

I’m going to skip the boring parts on the palaces and museums since I didn’t care enough about it to remember much about it. Only parts I remember is trying to take jumping high five pictures with a friend of mine at random places, just because we had nothing better to do.

Oh wait, I almost forgot. There was a shop that we went to, selling shawls, and other souvenir items. One of the souvenir items were swords and knives. Really big and beautiful ones. I asked to see some of them, and when I held it in my hands, and pulled the sword out of the cover, I felt complete. I felt like a man. I don’t know, it may be just a metal stick (kind of), but there is something about it….but lol, the prices were awesome too. Most of them were more than my two month salary hahah

Sunday, when we had some free time in the morning, was much better. There was a lot of activities we could do on campus, and the two things I took part in was wall climbing and bowling. Rock climbing was fun, albeit I didn’t finish it. Out of us interns, I think only two guys finished it, and a third one got close. Most other people got stuck at the same place 
[battery running out, i'll finish this later]

No comments:

Post a Comment